Cancer Active Education Series – “Exercise as a Part of Cancer Therapy”
August 10 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Interact with leading experts gathered to discuss the value of using exercise as part of therapy in treating cancer.
Healthcare Providers, caregivers and individuals living with cancer in-large know the value of exercise, despite that purposeful movement has been slow in translating to the majority of patients, caregivers and even some healthcare providers.
Medical Centers are not always positioned to use fitness as preventative (prophylactic) or therapy for their patients, but there is a trend towards awareness.
Learn, be motivated, and be inspired by top experts in the fields of Oncology, Physical Therapy, Exercise Physiology, Sports Medicine and Health Coaching in this one hour online panel discussion.
Dr. Saad Usmani, MD
- Director of Clinical Research in Hematologic Malignancies; Director of Plasma Cell Disorders; Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine
- Levine Cancer Institute
Dr. Sandra Eskew Capps, PT, DPT, MHEd
- Previous President, Georgia State Physical Therapy Licensing Board
Brianna Castrogivanni, MS, RCEP
- Clinical Research Coordinator at UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
Carly Bailey, MA
- UNC Lineberger Clinical Oncology Program Director
Kenny Capps, AB, JD, Patient Advocate
- Founder and Executive Director for Throwing Bones for a Cure, Inc.
- Certified Personal Trainer, Coach