Keep Moving Forward.
Throwing Bones is raising awareness, promoting education, and inspiring others through fitness and health to combat blood cancers.
How to make a change.
Through education, we can bring the dangers, treatments, and statistics of blood cancers to the forefront.
Movement, fitness, and keeping up with personal health is one of the best ways to effectively fight blood cancers.
The more who know about blood cancers, the better we can fight it. With your commitment and donations, anything is possible.
What is Throwing Bones?
Throwing Bones works hard to make a difference in the blood cancer community. We do this by holding these five key values:
- Wellness – Throwing Bones is committed to building global awareness amongst all healthcare providers and individuals living with cancer around the importance of purposeful movement as part of treatment and lifestyle.
- Community – We value a diverse, global community built on partnerships with healthcare professionals, individuals living with blood cancer and all those inspired by the mission of the organization.
- Achievement – When we keep moving forward and act in service to others, we believe anything is possible.
- Persistence – We never give up. We keep moving forward, whether that means baby steps or small leaps, we persevere. We believe in progress not perfection.
- Patient-focused – We provide patient-centric programs and support backed by science and health research accessible to all individuals at any stage of treatment and we celebrate ALL impact.
- And yes, Movement: Staying active and in movement is an under-prescribed and under-
valued treatment of blood cancers.
Throwing Bones works to educate, inspire and support individuals living with blood cancer to improve the quality of life through healthy and active lifestyles, during and after treatment.
Blood cancer in the United States.
New Cases Each Year
Deaths Each Year
Blood Cancer Types
Differences we've made.
Blood cancers do not discriminate in who receives a diagnosis with children and adults of all ages and abilities on this cancer journey. Throwing Bones is proud to have supporters across communities nationwide and experts throughout the medical field who advocate for our work and our vision for movement to be an accepted and celebrated part of therapy for people living with blood cancer.
Help provide support to patients in need.
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Sign up for the latest updates on news, treatments, opportunities, events, and more!
Better living with cancer through fitness.
At Throwing Bones, we believe that fitness is an essential tool in treating cancer.