Throwing Bones is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire individuals living with blood cancers to keep moving forward with active lifestyles during treatment and beyond. Throwing Bones encourages and inspires, educates and enables individuals living with blood cancers to live their best quality of life through healthy and active lifestyles.
Programs include Cancer Active Coaching, Cancer Active Education, and Self Assessment tools. Programs are ever-evolving to address relevant needs in the cancer community.
This is a contract Grant Writer position with varied weekly hours that are dependent upon upcoming deadlines. The projected hours are up to 15-20 per week for 3-4 months. The contract has potential of extending into an ongoing opportunity or permanent employment based on both an increased revenue for the organization and on performance.
The contract Grant Writer is responsible for conducting the full range of grant activities, including research, preparation, submission and either managing reports for foundations, corporate sources and government grants, or setting the organization up for reporting after contract employment ends.
- Perform research and identification of foundation, corporate and governmental funding opportunities;
- Analyze and understand organization’s needs to align with granting agency funding priorities;
- Create and manage a grant calendar with deadlines;
- Maintain database and files for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards and related information;
- Compile and assemble letters, budgets, statistics and other information requested by prospective funders;
- Submit at least 2-6 grants per month;
- Ensure grant, donor and gift information are up-to-date and accurate;
- Point of contact for prospective and existing grants and funding partnerships;
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of grants received;
- Provide ongoing, and by request, grant reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Other duties as assigned;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- 2-3 years grant writing experience with a proven track record in the nonprofit sector
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to write persuasive, effective, structured and competitive grant proposals
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, able to follow directions and take initiative
- Professional demeanor
- Experience with Google Suite, specifically Google Docs and Google Sheets preferred
- Comfortable working remotely and communicating with staff and volunteers effectively
- Contract position, mid-February through mid-June with potential for an extended contract or permanent employment
- Initial pay, hourly at $15-35/hour based on experience
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
Throwing Bones for a Cure, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ applicants.
More information about Throwing Bones may be found on our website.