TB Cancer-Active Clinics
Cost for 2020: $3,253
- To create appointment-only clinics to cater to the in-person needs of patients (and possibly caregivers), based on physical limitations and trauma awareness ● Creating Patient Community – Addressing Stigma And Isolation ● Patients will be able to interact directly with Throwing Bones, healthcare providers and patient peers (if they so choose), removing them from isolation. Any stigmas associated with their condition or fitness failings can be addressed through education how to get fit, and the resources to be otherwise active. ● Small clinics with coaches and instructors
- Scheduled assessments, coaching and instruction
- Nutrition counseling
- Meeting space for support groups and one on one counseling
- Education sessions concerning pain management, nutrition, physical development, self-awareness, and the like.
- Space for independent, but vetted consultants, such as massage therapists, yoga instructors, nutritionists, and nurse practitioners.
- To have facilities sensitive to patients with compromised immune systems, allowing for increased standard of sanitation and social distancing. ● To create on-site 30 day, 90 day, and 6 month pre and post transplant fitness/endurance training programs.
- To work toward optimizing patient response and potentially increasing total number of mesenchymal stem/progenitor cells in the bone marrow.1
- Outcomes – results patients achieve due to therapeutic coaching intervention ● Monitoring of medical needs and underlying health conditions
- Monitoring of financial, social and familial stressors
- Access to fitness resources
- Nutrition – tracking of nutrition intake